We do not usually have Cavapoo puppies “available” immediately. But we are humbled and thankful that so many people have heard about our Cavapoos and would like to adopt one.
What this means for you the potential adopter is that we rarely have any puppies “sitting around”. We have a waiting list for our puppies and match those people on the list with our puppies. So if you’re interested in one of our puppies, the sooner you start the process, the sooner you have the chance of being matched with your puppy. Here’s the place to start:
We are not a puppy “factory”. Our dogs are loved and taken care of and we only have a certain number of moms. Sometimes those moms have a small litter, sometimes they have a big litter. Sometimes those moms need a break. Sometimes we match a mom and dad up for a certain future litter, and for whatever reason, they don’t “cooperate” as we plan. There is no absolute when it comes to raising dogs. They are living creatures and we can’t predict what will happen.
Our girls tend to cycle together in little “packs”. So it seems to be feast or famine around here when it comes to puppies! We’ll have few to no puppies or a bunch at once! Usually, about the time one litter is going home, another is close to being born.
Even though the list is long, I can sometimes get into the 20’s or 30’s matching ten puppies as some people will pass because of a life change (move, job, etc) or if they want a specific color/gender that we don’t currently have. Usually, people end up matched with a puppy sooner than the guess I give them.
If you are flexible about color and gender you might not have to wait as long as someone looking for a certain color and gender. (FYI “apricot/reddish female” is our top requested puppy color/gender). Plus there are so many variables it’s hard to give those being added to the waitlist a good answer when they want to know how long they will have to wait. For instance who does or doesn’t get pregnant, how many pups in a litter, what colors and genders are born and what those ahead of you on the list decide to do (skip their spot in line because the timing is not right or we don’t have what they want, drop off the list because they found a pup elsewhere, or change their mind and choose something completely different than what they first requested.) So all I can do is give you an estimated guess.
The reason why I share this is to let you know that you will need patience and most likely have to wait a while before bringing your precious pup home. We think our pups are worth the wait! 🙂
Some people even ask me if I know any other reputable Cavapoo breeders that I can refer them too. And I let them know there are a few, but their wait lists are as long, if not longer than mine.
But there is lots to do in the meantime. After you have officially gotten on our waiting list (adoption forms and deposit required); start preparing for your puppy!
- There is lots of information on the website, especially under the “Puppy Info” heading, but check out the other headings also. There are a couple of pages of “Getting Ready For Your Puppy”. (Who doesn’t like to shop for fun puppy things?!)
- Subscribe to our blog/website (via email) and receive any new blog post updates (this is very important so you don’t miss out on our Puppy Matching Day details and other important announcements)
- “Like” and follow our Pinewood Kennels Facebook page (look for the apricot Cavapoo wearing sunglasses). We frequently post pictures, videos, and updates about our dogs there. Also, you can visit “posts by others” there to see past adopters bragging about their Pinewood puppies and learn what they like about them.
- We have a YouTube channel you can watch and subscribe too (Pinewood Kennels Cavapoos)
- You can also follow us on Instagram.
- And lastly, feel free to email me with questions you might have.
I hope this helps get you a step closer to your Pinewood Cavapoo puppy!