I know some of you have been anxiously waiting to hear when our wait list will reopen, so I thought it was time for some more information for those of you interested.
First off, let me just say I’m honored and in awe that so many people have found us and would like to adopt one of our Cavapoos! :O (God gets the credit for making all this happen in my opinion). 😉
Right now our current wait list is at seventy-eight people, with five more on the alternate list. (The alternate list are adopters that have had something come up in life where they’ve had to put off getting a puppy. So instead of me checking with them on each litter and keeping them on the active/current list, they have been put on a separate list and are to contact me when they are ready to be added back to the “active” list to be matched with a puppy.)
I just want people to be aware if you get on our current waiting list you’re looking at approximately a year before we will have a puppy for you. And that is just a guess, it could be longer (especially if you have your heart set on a certain color/gender), and it could possibly be shorter.
So you’re all probably thinking, “I have to wait until they have seventy-eight puppies before I can get one?!” No, that’s not the case, let me explain how it works a bit. Let’s say you get on and your #80 (just to round things off and make it easier). You will not be waiting until we produce 80 puppies (oh my!!) before you would be matched with one.
When I have puppies and I’m matching them (let’s just throw out “10”); so say I have ten puppies and I start contacting those people on my list. I might actually get into the 20’s or maybe even 30’s on my list before those ten pups are matched! Going from past experience, a huge chunk of those people will pass for various reasons; they just planned a vacation, they’re moving, they got pregnant, job change, etc or they are looking for a certain color/gender that we don’t currently have, (or they found a puppy elsewhere, so they would be taken off the list. So I would keep working my way down the list until all ten of those pups were matched. Then I would remove those matched names from the list, update it, and most everyone would be moving up.
So most people end up getting a puppy sooner than they think. Now, of course, that doesn’t always happen. It’s just an educated guess when I give people a timeframe on when I think they’ll be getting a puppy. When we are dealing with many people and their various needs, wants and lives, and then we throw in living creatures, anything can happen.
The one thing I can positively tell you is you will need patience through this process.
And let me just throw out a caution to everyone. (And I’m not saying this to twist your arm into adopting from us!) The Cavapoo is getting to be a very popular breed of dog. More and more people are finding out about them and searching for puppies. Which means more and more people will be breeding them. Please use caution when searching for a puppy; research the breeder, get references, search them out on the internet, etc. There are puppy mill type places, or places not doing health testing, etc. where you can buy one a lot cheaper, and there are a lot of scams out there to get money from you with no puppy in return. Please do your research and be careful. If it looks to go to be true, it probably is!
So for those interested and willing to wait, I have decided to go ahead and reopen our list starting tomorrow, February 1st.
Please read the following carefully:
- If you have already submitted your applications (Part 1 & Part 2), please send me an email stating that you would like to be added to the list. If I sent you an email in response to your application, please use that same email thread to let me know. (It’s so much easier for me to keep track of correspondence if my emails with you stay in one thread).
- If you only submitted Part 1 of the application, you will need to fill out and submit part 2 also before we can proceed. (I received several applications from people who only submitted Part 1)
- If you have just chatted with me via phone or email, but have not filled out our application forms, please start there and wait for me to email you back after I review your application forms.
- If you have questions, please feel free to contact me via phone or email.
- Please be advised that we take a “day off” from doggie business. I am not available after sundown on Friday night and all day Saturday. So if you email or call during that time, I’ll get back to you most likely on Sunday. 🙂
Thank you so much for reading through this long post and for checking us out!
(Here are some past cutie pies!) ❤