Check-up time

Yesterday was check-ups at our vet with Sky’s puppies. And my brain was “off” a bit as I loaded them up and left home. I got about fifteen minutes from home when something “clicked” and I realized I had left an hour a head of schedule! Oh brother!

“Really mom? We left an hour early?”

I let up on my lead foot and slowed down a bit when I realized we had time to kill.

The gas station a few miles down the road was a good place to make our first detour and fill up the tank.

Then as we headed on into our “big” town (where most of the stores, bank, etc were) I decided to stop at Wally World and grab a few things I needed to finish the puppy packets for this crew going home. That took a short amount of time, so I decided to make my next detour at the bank. As I was sitting at the drive-thru waiting for my transaction, I reached for one of the Wal-Mart bags to grab something I wanted to drop in the mail. I specifically remember the cashier putting it between the file folders I bought. But the bag of folders was not there! Oh, great! I had left a bag at Wal-Mart. But by now we’d killed enough time that I had to get on to the next town and our vet appointment and didn’t have time to go back to Wal-Mart. I had about ten extra minutes but that was just not enough.

And it was a good thing I had those ten extra minutes because out of those next twenty-eight miles, about twenty of them were a “construction zone” with a speed limit of 35 mph! The worst part is the road was basically clear except for the one mile section were work was being done. *sigh

We made it to the vet just in time for our appointment! And before I checked in, I let the pups out for a potty break. They had been in their crate riding patiently for about two and a half hours.

Then the staff came to get them and take them inside for their appointment.

And before you know it they were back outside ready for another romp in the back of the truck while the vet finished up her paperwork.

“Pleeeease let us out!”

When everything was complete we were loaded back in the truck and hit the road for home. I did stop at WalMart and was able to find my “left behind” bag too.

So the puppies had an extra long trip/crate time but they were so good about the whole thing!

We got in the middle of another rainstorm on the way home. It sure made for a pretty sunset later though.

This entry was posted in Cavapoo, cavapoo puppies, cavapoo puppy, Cavapoos, eight weeks, Puppies, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Check-up time

  1. kk75 says:

    Oh my gosh! Could they BE any cuter!! What a day you all had!

  2. Jerda Smeltzer says:

    Wow, that was quite the adventure for you and the little ones! Those truly have to be the cutest puppies on the planet!

  3. tricia Bourdeau says:

    So adorable! Nothing like a little stress with road trips. So glad everything worked out well!

  4. Cathy Husen says:

    You’re a busy Mom! Get some we’ll deserved rest.

Leave a Reply