Surprise!

Well, we had one sneaky “couple” pull a fast one on us! It’s a good surprise though. Hazel and Dickens are expecting Cavapoos babies.

How do I know Hazel is pregnant from Dickens if it’s a surprise? Well, when I decide to breed two dogs, I purposefully put them together. Usually all the other dogs are hanging out in the dog house so the honeymooners can have some privacy 😉 and then I put the intended couple into the smaller dog yard together. Then I usually go about doing little tasks and keep checking on them to see if anything important is happening. This process is repeated about three different days during what is called standing heat for the female (when she has ovulated and is accepting of a male). So we tried them several different times and I never saw them do the deed. But obviously, they did something at least once while I wasn’t looking!

Here are their adorable babies from their last litter. <3

And the proud (secretive) parents. 😉

How did I find out about this secret? When I would pick Hazel up I noticed she felt heavier and a little more full. (She has never gotten huge or really “shows” with her pregnancies). So we got the ultrasound machine out and confirmed that there was something growing in there! She’s too far along to get a good count, but I’m guessing it’s maybe two or three puppies.

And she’s due soon! It looks like Sage will be sharing the maternity ward with her.

This entry was posted in Cavapoo, pregnancy and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Surprise!

1. Traci Williams says:

What a nice surprise. Congrats.

2. sim bajaj says:

Oh wow! Does this mean you’ll be accepting applications soon?

3. Kim Kline says:

Oooo!!! What a happy surprise!!! Congratulations all around!❤️

4. karen beaver says:

Wow – wonderful news – two litter around the same time – going to be keeping you busy –

5. Mary Wagner says:

Can I be on the list for a female?

6. Charissa says:

Can I get on your waiting list?

7. Jerda Smeltzer says:

Congratulations! What a joyous surprise!!! Wow, you are going to be busy for a bit.. but a house full of puppies must also be so filled with love and light! Plus, you are going to make a few more people incredibly happy.

8. Jan Nichols says:

how do you get on your waiting list?

• Our waiting list is currently closed). If you’d like you can go to our website and sign up for email notifications so you don’t miss any news or announcements about when it reopens and we are accepting applications again please visit http://www.pinewoodcavapoos.com and hit the “FOLLOW” button on the right-hand side under the Pinewood Pups photo album.
      Also be aware if you do find a puppy “available” or “cheap” it is most likely a puppy mill, a broker or a scam. Reputable breeders will have waiting lists and not have puppies available.
      Once our waiting list reopens the wait time for a puppy will depend on how many people are added to the list and what you are wanting in regards to color and gender.
      Thanks again,